HOW I GREW MY INSTAGRAM FROM 0-36K
Listen to my interview about Instagram growth
That interview is now up and I can tick another life goal off my list. You can listen here.
THINGS WE TALK ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- The Instagram weekend hashtag project (the challenge Instagram share each weekend on their account for people to join in with, with features for the best. Check their account on a Friday evening/Saturday morning for the announcements.)
- Cultural sensitivity and handling social media backlash
- Choosing a theme and following a new direction
- Creating content specifically for Instagram as a growth strategy
- The importance of a social media following for getting a publishing deal
- Bookstagram as a marketing tool for the publishing industry
- The ways a specific theme can help make running an Instagram account easier
- The importance of targeting a specific and relevant audience for your future goals
- Judging books by their cover
- My Instagram class, The Insta Retreat, and how Bronte applied the lessons to grow her own account.
- The importance of a killer ‘top 9’
- The publishing industry’s slow incorporation of the world of social media
- The value of building your own audience, no matter what.
- Separating our self belief from our Instagram stats, and not sweating the posts that don’t hit the mark
- Photoshop, altered reality, and where it sits in the grand scheme of photography and creativity
- Sharing behind-the-scenes, to help people understand what goes into perfect or dreamy imagery, and ‘photoshop literacy’.
This post first appeared on Bronte Huskinson’s website under DO YOU EVER FEEL LIKE YOU’VE MISSED THE BOAT ON INSTAGRAM?